Art that I find appealing.

Van Gogh Starry Night - The Painting and The Story
      Starry Night - Vincent Van GoghVan Gogh's Starry night has always been a personal favorite of mine, I have always been interested in space since I was young. It resonates with my love of learning about the stars, planets, galaxies, and other such things.

I haven't done anything art related in a long time, though I used to be interested in ceramics. I've never been much of an artsy kind of person, I do however enjoy writing.As for drawing, I couldn't draw something to save my own hide. Drawing is probably my weakest artistic skill and is something I can never seem to do well outside of crude depictions of things. I've never attended a "first friday" or attended to an art museum, so I cannot comment on those.

A video about some unusual depictions of animals in art during the Medieval Era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnB2Uj7gWSE


  


Comments

  1. What a fun video. Not only were they inaccurate, but frequently the drawings were 2 dimensional, with attempt at 3 D modeling. This is one of the reasons that the art from the Renaissance was so spectacular. They recaptured techniques in art to create more realistic depictions that had been lost with the fall of Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture choice! I can surely relate to the inability to draw. I wish I could too, I guess it's just not our thing. I hope you can find more art that relates your love for space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this piece of art as well. I have a copy of it framed and hanging at our house. It's very pleasing to look at. Welcome to class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to find an art piece for the Art Analysis assignment, and I thought of doing an analysis on “The Starry Night “, but changed it to “The School of Athens” instead. I like this art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings! I love Vincent Van Gogh's work, and I'm glad to see you enjoy it as well. Even if you aren't an artsy person, you can still enjoy and appreciate art!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Palace of Versailles